It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Phil. 1:20-21

2.24.2008

Drowning (Psalm 69)

The waters are up to my neck, I’m beginning to lose consciousness.
I stepped too far and lost my foothold, sinking into the abyss of sea.
My throat is parched screaming, my eyes fail to see.

Save me! Save me! I’m drowning, Save me! Save! Me! Cause I can’t breathe.

You see right through me, you know me well.
I will fight for you, for your name. I would swim endless seas for you.
Alone, for I am a stranger in my own land.

Save me! Save me! I’m drowning (alone). Save me! (alone) Save! Me! Cause I can’t breathe.

Hypothermia sets in, this deathly feeling begins.
Life slips through my fingers, falls away from my grasp.
Reality becomes so true, this breath could be my last.

Answer me with your sure salvation.
Answer me with your sure salvation.
Answer me.

No comments: