It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Phil. 1:20-21

4.08.2008

48

Standing on a street corner across from the pub
Staring blankly in to open windows, ill lit
Once welcomed, open arms and many cheers
Now walking by, on the other side,
wander on, old man

Street lights flicker down the side walk, wander on, old man
Glance back, once again light from an open door
Hope rises in the chest, dashed again by stumbling drunk
Walking on, down the street,
leave them there, old man.

Door opens, don’t look back, leave them there, old man.
Slow footsteps ring, on sidewalks back, coming up behind.
Stop and see, who wanders near, fear not shadows
Waiting for the shapeless form,
fear him not, my friend

1 comment:

Tim said...

Why is it called 48?
this is still in progress, so I would love any suggestions you have...