It is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Phil. 1:20-21

4.23.2008

A Once-Dark Hallelujah

Will the darkness never shift?
Will the light be ever scarce?
When dawn will break, I haven't heard,
but soon, or else I break in two

Alone I hear a troubled voice,
whisper in my hear,
All hope escapes,
when light grows dim,
and grace begins to fade.
Don't look upon the tree of shame,
you'll only feel less free.
Look in upon your own
desires, and make a way for me.

I feel the burn of this one's lies,
I can not lift a hand, till voice rings out
upon the night and breaks this demon's sway.
Clinging to soft spoken phrase...

Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Then darkness deigns on its way,
as light begins to gleam
horizon glows with glory spent
as I begin to sing

Bearing shame and scoffing rude,
In my place condemned He stood;
Sealed my pardon with His blood.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Now indeed the darkness seems,
distant and retreating
in pain and sorrow, we proclaim
the name of glorious King
and as my joy begins to sing,
I can not help but stand
returning now through pain and joy
to sing of my great King

When He comes, our glorious King,
All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew this song we’ll sing:
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

No comments: